Thursday, 3 May 2018
Aardwolf: Back into the fray!
It's been a while and I'm still amazed how well I can complete quests! There are some new areas and a new feature which suits me really well OPK (open player kill). With my current build I doubt anyone would be silly enough to attack me.
Todays blessing gave me a bonus instinct in knife fighting, useful for my character.
* In almost all cases, the over 100% bonus is not a direct percentage.
It is also on a curve with diminishing returns.
(For example, 100 points of instinct might add a 20% bonus damage,
while 200 points adds 30% total.)
* Instinct is remembered across tiers and remorts; you only ever have to
buy it once.
* Instinct is only useful in an ability that you can actually use.
It is not a way to have access to skills usually unavailable. If you
lose access to a skill because you tiered or changed class, your
instinct amount is still remembered and will become active whenever
you have that skill available again.
* Instinct is not used on spells cast from objects- only when cast
naturally or when equipment grants an effect (like Haste effect from
* Instinct can provide a bonus for either spells or equipment that
give a certain effect. For example, both the Aardwolf Boots of
Speed and the Accelerate spell provide the haste effect, and both
benefit equally from instinct in Haste. In the case of the Boots of
Speed, a player is treated as if they have 100% skill level in Haste
while the boots are equipped, and instinct gives bonuses accordingly.
The same applies to sanctuary, dual wield, and protection good/evil.
* The max instinct you can gain in a single ability is 200.
* Only trains gained since your last rebuild may be used on instinct
(see 'help instinct-trains').
* You can 'rebuild' instinct in either a single skill or all at once.
There is a rebuild cost of 2% of the gold/trains put into instinct, with
a max cost of 5000 trains / 50m gold when using the "all" option. The
gold and trains returned from an instinct rebuilding are considered
deposited and can only be used on instinct.
Another enjoyable ride, I'm well used to going down this route. There are some places where the road doesn't allow a car and a cyc...