Wednesday 29 May 2019

Sony Wind Noise Reduction Mod & Arduino Cycle RearLights.

https://d.tube/v/kiwibloke/yfu114iq
This modification to the Sony FDR-X3000 greatly improves wind noise reduction, and this is exactly how I record my rides. Even though I have the camera mounted on the handle bar, I really wanted to mount it on the stem (still haven't figured this out yet). I want to reduce the sideways movement and helm or chest mounts seem to restrictive to my own movements.

I really enjoyed creating my own rear lights for the bike. Using a Dual 18650 Powerbank case (these are really cheap on Ebay $1.60NZ), mounting an Arduino Mini Pro in 1 of the battery spaces, opens up many Arduino Project possibilities. Using the WS2812 programmable LEDS was an obvious choice, at one stage I was riding down the street at night with rainbow colours streaming all over my bike, yep totally illegal. Back to basics, red only (I did add a red yellow startup flash loop at the beginning, couldn't resist).

Photos: Huawei P8 Lite
Camera: SONY HDR-CX405
Video Editor: kdenlive on Linux Mint
**D.tube Exclusive**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

USO Fresh Ride Eastbourne

Another enjoyable ride, I'm well used to going down this route. There are some places where the road doesn't allow a car and a cyc...