Friday 9 March 2018

Bike The Trail 2018


The best annual family cycle ride event in Lower Hutt. This is my 4th time and today the weather was perfect, not too cold and windy, not too hot!

As with all the previous years, the start is crazy, everyone wants to be in the group that gets released 1st.


It's pretty hard to get the feel of a ride if you have never been on it. So I've created this 30min video down from a 1hr 40min ride and hopefully you get an idea of what to expect should you give this ride a go next year 2019.

At the finish I got told there was close to 1800 cyclists that participated, well done!

I really admired the number of young ones who gave it a go, especially those that made it all the way to Hikoikoi Reserve, Petone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

USO Fresh Ride Eastbourne

Another enjoyable ride, I'm well used to going down this route. There are some places where the road doesn't allow a car and a cyc...