Sunday 26 May 2019

d.tube: What is this ?

D.Tube is the first crypto-decentralized video platform, built on top of the STEEM Blockchain and the IPFS peer-to-peer network.
Basically another video platform like Youtube, Bitchute.

If you want more detailed information visit this link https://about.d.tube/

I've been part of the Steem Blockchain for a while now, I still have no idea how this works but it is about time I use it's video platform.

All STEEMs applications seemed to be inter-linked, which is a good thing.
Upload video onto d.tube, it automatically appears on my steemit blog.

My thoughts on all 3 platforms - Youtube, Bitchute, d.tube:-

Youtube
massive user base, well supported
searching works well
over censored
video quality is downgraded to improve the stream

Bitchute
small user base
best place to find CCL music to use in your videos
video quality is downgraded to improve the stream

d.tube
small user base:- vlogs here are more personal and engaging
searching sucks
video quality is downgraded to improve the stream BUT will stream source
- eg upload a 1080p5fps mp4, you have the option to watch it at this speed
- default view of 480p is really good.
huge problem - cannot play the videos from the site on my Android phone!

Here's my 1st upload to d.tube https://d.tube/v/kiwibloke/3qlm8m3c
The same "My Wainui Training Cycle Loop" as found on Youtube

So I'm going to use this exclusively for the next few months, then see how I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

USO Fresh Ride Eastbourne

Another enjoyable ride, I'm well used to going down this route. There are some places where the road doesn't allow a car and a cyc...