Saturday 2 June 2018

Kdenlive: Restoring Default Settings For Linux Mint 18

It is unbelievable how easy it is to totally screw up your Kdenlive windows as you edit/create your video content.

Window views after a new install.

This is what it should look like if you have recently installed Kdenlive. After I accidentally shut down a few windows, Kdenlive became unusable. It kept crashing so I removed the application, rebooted the computer, reinstalled Kdenlive only to find the corrupt settings had returned (which means there must be a hidden config file somewhere on my HDD). Researching Youtube I came across this:-


So this tells me there is a hidden file called kdenliverc that needs to be deleted. Where he found his config file as shown in the video, was in a completed different location to mine.

Home/.config

Instead of deleting the file I renamed it to kdenliverc000 which results in Kdenlive thinking it is a new install and proceeds to create a new kdenliverc.

This did the trick, now I can get back into editing videos..

Kdenlive is not the easiest video editors to use but it is free, and works well on Linux. Without this I would not be able to create any video content I would be prod of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

USO Fresh Ride Eastbourne

Another enjoyable ride, I'm well used to going down this route. There are some places where the road doesn't allow a car and a cyc...