The Sony FDR-X3000 only produces a series of images in a folder, in order to create a timelapse video these images need to be processed by other means. In my case I exported them from the camera onto my Linux Mint 18 desktop.
Sony FDR-X3000 settings-
- Images 4K
- Frame Interval 2secs
- Image count 600 frames
- Download this BASH script 3000.sh
- Copy/Move into your root/bin folder
- Make 3000.sh executable
- Open terminal as ROOT type chmod +x 3000.sh
- open terminal where images are stored
- type 3000.sh
- on error permission denied type sudo 3000.sh
- on error mencoder not found type sudo apt-get install mencoder
- once errors addressed, you need to retype 3000.sh
- just follow the prompts that come up on the screen
About the script. There is probably a much more efficient way to create this as I'm not too good at writing these types of code. Feel free to view, modify, or complete rewrite it as you see fit. There is already 1 modification I see that needs to bed added, and that is a 100fps option on the output.