Thursday 22 February 2018

Riding in the Rain Sony FDR-X3000 Experiment


With Cyclone Gita heading our way I wanted to experiment on how to use the Sony FDR-X3000 in a wet environment. Most of the footage shown here was taken when the rain had stopped, I would say from the whole ride, what you see here is about 20%. Most of it was unusable due to rain blurring the footage. Another important fact was to only record in 5min(max) bursts with a 5min (minimum) cool down period, otherwise the interior of the waterproof case fogged up.

As a result I've concluded to only take still images in this type of weather.

It did take me a while to sort out what footage to use here (the ride was done 2 days ago)

Finally I'm totally enjoying using the Avanti Montera MTB, it rides really well in conditions as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

USO Fresh Ride Eastbourne

Another enjoyable ride, I'm well used to going down this route. There are some places where the road doesn't allow a car and a cyc...